My name is Charles. Also known as Petey Wheatstraw, also known as Brother From Another Planet (BFAP), also known as Gordon Gartrell. Creating irreverent monikers for myself is only part of my passion. Spending time with my son, cannabis and working for all those delegated to the sidelines are some of my others.
I firmly believe Cannabis legality is a human rights issue. Far too many people, especially those of color, have found themselves on the receiving end of Draconian drug laws propagated to fill privatized prisons in numbers akin to a sanctioned holocaust. This must end. While KushCA is all about the fun and irreverent side of Cannabis culture, I will not shy from bringing some real conversations to the coffee table and subsequently “harsh a few people’s buzz”. So be it. I’ll be that one friend who prattles on about the Illuminati and you don’t even have to pass me the blunt.
I welcome any and all contributions, especially from those who live, work or otherwise have some kindred connection to the California Bay Area. Now to all the fun legal stuff:
KushCA.com ("KushCA") operates KushCA.com and may operate other websites. It is KushCA's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, KushCA collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. KushCA's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how KushCA's visitors use its website. From time to time, KushCA may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
KushCA also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on KushCA.com blogs/sites. KushCA only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to KushCA's websites choose to interact with KushCA in ways that require KushCA to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that KushCA gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at KushCA.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with KushCA are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, KushCA collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with KushCA. KushCA does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
KushCA may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. KushCA may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, KushCA does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
KushCA discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on KushCA's behalf or to provide services available at KushCA's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using KushCA's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. KushCA will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, KushCA discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when KushCA believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of KushCA, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an KushCA website and have supplied your email address, KushCA may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with KushCA and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. KushCA takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If KushCA, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that KushCA goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of KushCA may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We often have fun giveaways and contest, which, naturally, have their own list of rules and regulations. Check them out below:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the [Campaign URL] and who are 18 years as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of all states and countries worldwide. and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of [your company name] as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 8/22/2017 12A.M. PST and ending 8/29/2017 12A.M PST. All online entries must be received by 8/28/2017 12 AM. PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at [Campaign URL]. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of [your company name]. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of KushCA.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a tobacco-related product valued no more than $30. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by KushCA. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at KushCA’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for KushCA to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of KushCA. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. KushCA shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KushCA‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that KushCA, anyone acting on behalf of KushCA, and KushCA’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of KushCA. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless KushCA from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which KushCA may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: KushCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond KushCA’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, KushCA may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by KushCA. KushCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. KushCA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, KushCA reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless KushCA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND the State of California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by KushCA is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.